uTtorrent is a client developed by BitTorrent Inc. that is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems. It was fully encoded in C++ language, making it one of the most popular ways to share files over the Web. It was released in 2005, created by Ludvig Strigeus, and by 2006 it was owned by BitTorrent. Recently launched a web version, called uTorrent Web, which plays files instantly, saves everything you want with fast downloads.
This is one of the most used P2P content download software in the world, being considered by many as the flagship program of this modality to download content. However, it is not always as fast as you would like, which causes frustration and despair to users who want to get their files as soon as possible. Fortunately, there are some things that can be configured in the client so that everything changes and downloads can be accelerated to the maximum.
Many people do not know how to do this, so we have taken the time to translate it into this tutorial. Next, we’ll teach you how to speed up your uTorrent client so that you can download everything you want at maximum speed by this well-known P2P method that so many followers have.
Recommended for you: How to Download Movies with uTorrent for Free? Step by Step Guide
Steps to configure uTorrent and download at maximum speed without using programs
I know you want your movie downloads to be done fast, but for that you need to make configurations to the uTorrent client. However, it should be noted that it depends not only on the configuration of the software, but also on a couple of other factors.
The first is obviously the speed of your Internet connection, although this program is designed to prioritize resources in this sense, if you do not have a fast network, no matter how many things you do, you will always continue downloading at 1kb/sg.
Another very important factor is the quality of the link server from which you are downloading files. As you know, torrents work like a huge network of nodes that contain the content you want, and what your client does is take small fragments of each of them until the download is complete.
This means that if the network is not well optimized, which depends mainly on the network developers, no matter how fast your connection is or how your uTorrent is configured, the download speed will be slow and may not even start.
That said, we’ll tell you the most important things you need to optimize to get the most out of uTorrent; just follow our recommendations and we’ll make sure you download all the files in less time.
Edit Bittorrent option
Editing this option will save a lot of resources and allow torrents to be lowered much faster. To do this, simply follow the path Options > Preferences > BitTorrent and make sure this section is disabled. With this, you should already notice an improvement in the speed of the client.
The queue is the order in which the files are downloaded. As you know, you can download more than one torrent at a time, but this should not be abused, so it is advisable to set limitations to prevent the speed decay.
To do this, simply follow the path Options > Preferences > Queueing and once in this section, set the values as shown in the following image.
Improve the connection
Improving the connection is going to require you to do three things. The first is to increase the connection speed, then remove the bandwidth limit. Next, we teach you how to do both:
- Increase connection: You must follow the path Options > Preferences > Connection and place the value 34914 instead of the default 20694 in “Port used for incoming connections”.
- Configure bandwidth: To improve this aspect you should follow the path Options > Preferences > Bandwidth and in the value “Maximum upload rate” set zero (0), which means that there is no limit.
Test the speed of your Internet connection
Just to rule out that your Internet speed is not the problem, you should do a speed test which you can analyze from right here.
Deactivate the Transfer Cap
In this step, what is needed is for the Transfer Cap to be deactivated. This ensures that you have no download limits at any time, making uTorrent more efficient, which translates into faster download speeds. To do this, follow the path Options > Preferences > Transfer Cap and uncheck the “Enable Transfer Cap” option.
Add “trackers” to downloads
Trackers help you double the download speed. This is nothing more than a server that has all the information for peers to connect with other peers helping communication between them using the BitTorrent protocol. This is also done with the intention of finding more seeds so that the download process can be done more quickly.
What you have to do is select a torrent file that you want to download, or that you are already downloading and right click on this. Once there, you must click on “Properties” and in the “General” tab add the tracker in the “Trackers” section.
Using a VPN
As you may know, a VPN is a virtual private network that allows you to keep your computer’s IP address hidden while browsing in order to protect your identity and prevent your data from being stolen. But beyond that, using a good provider can speed up the download speed of any file.
That’s why we bring you the best VPN on the market, some offer free services and others are paid. In the end, you decide which one you are going to use.
1) ExpressVPN.com: Offers fast speeds. It has one of the most expensive plans on the market and supports only 3 simultaneous devices. It’s a good choice to enhance the security of your Windows, as this provider based in the British Virgin Islands offers an impressive level of server coverage with 148 VPN locations in 94 countries perfectly compatible with P2P networks.
The client has an excellent user interface with plenty of features including server recommendations, multiple VPN protocols and fantastic switching technology. A practical advantage is the ability to control the VPN from browser extensions, and a special mention deserves the split tunnel function, which is ideal for restricting the VPN connection to a single browser.
From the point of view of price, the service comes a little above other providers. It does not offer a free plan, but all plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2) IPVanish.com: This VPN has a well-designed client, offering a wide range of both basic and advanced configurations. It is undoubtedly one of the best download services from Torrent. It has a firm policy of no logs and more than adequate protection with 256-bit encryption over the OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols.
The drawback is that it is a bit more expensive than much of the competition, and there is also no free trial. However, it offers a 7-day money-back guarantee on its three plans.
3) Nordvpn.com: Is one of the best for several good reasons. The service offers a number of “Double VPN” servers that pass your data through two separate VPN servers, making things even more secure. It can also route your encrypted traffic over the Tor network, adding another layer of security along with the existing KEv2/IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP protocols.
It supports P2P and has a “zero log” policy. The performance of this VPN is also above average. There is a free 3 day trial, and in relation to the market it is quite affordable, offering four monthly payment plans with a 30 day money back guarantee.
4) Hotspotshield.com: Its free version limits the number of users to one device and 500 megabytes of bandwidth per day. In addition, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and essentially any premium streaming service cannot be accessed with the free version. On the other hand, with the paid version you won’t have any limitation to use it in any platform you want.
5) OpenVPN.net: This is one of the oldest VPN solutions on the market, initially launched in 2001. One of the most attractive features of OpenVPN is its open source protocol and its dedicated community of developers, who launch regular product updates.
There is a completely free plan for OpenVPN, which allows users to connect up to two devices simultaneously. The company states on its website that this free plan is for trial purposes and will remain free for up to one year.
After a year, Amazon Web Services will start charging you for the use of its cloud. Also, it is pointed out that one of the disadvantages of OpenVPN is its entry barrier for novice users, which means that a good degree of technical knowledge is needed.
It has two versions, one free and one paid which is obviously much better and allows you to use the service without any limitation.
6) Windscribe.com: is one of the new free VPNs available today, which fits users, with a limited budget. The free plan for Windscribe is your most popular product, and yes, it is totally free. It supports up to 10 gigabytes per month, and offers an additional 5 gigabytes for tweeting over the service.
In its paid version: Windscribe Pro provides more diversity of servers, unlimited bandwidth and something called “config generator” which in a nutshell is a configuration generator that improves network performance on all connected devices.