Many times we don’t feel like receiving these annoying calls from unwanted people or we are tired of being called by the bank to make promotions that do not interest us. Or maybe you’re on vacation and you just don’t want your boss to call you. Other times we find our mobile phone flooded with mr number calls from scam or spam numbers, which can pose a threat to our privacy as the purpose of these numbers is to steal personal data or subscribe to an SMS messaging service without our consent.
You could simply ignore these types of calls and not answer them, but then you would still receive them all day and end up fed up anyway. Now, did you know that there are different methods and apps to block Android or iOS calls?
So, if you’re wondering how to block a phone number (either temporarily or forever), at Stepwise.online we’ve made a small selection of blockers and applications to avoid annoying numbers on our phones. You’ll gain peace of mind and save yourself more than a displeasure. Pay attention!
How to block calls in android
Downloading a third-party application is one of the most effective methods for blocking calls on the Android operating system. Although it doesn’t work on all devices (depending on the version of the operating system), this method is still the best option if you still have Android 5.0 or earlier installed. We’ll leave you with the highlights!
Call blocker free blacklist
NQ Mobile Security is the company behind this fantastic application. It is one of the most efficient free applications to block messages and calls in the Android market. Two of its main advantages are the little space it takes up and the low memory usage it consumes. It’s perfect!
Among its main features are, of course, to avoid the incoming call and the messages of the numbers we choose. That’s why it allows us to create a blacklist with unwanted numbers, as well as a whitelist with the numbers you want to always get. It also allows us to detect telephone spam and stop it for our own safety.
Notifications arrive after the block and have different languages.
Calls Blacklist is one of those Android call blocking apps you can’t miss. This application takes care of not only dodging but also automatically deleting SMS through a blacklist. Its operation is very similar to the previous one, is just as simple, takes up very little and also consumes little memory usage. So choose the one you like best by interface!
The app allows you to cancel directly from the message or call or add a number naturally. If one of these numbers calls you or sends you a message, you won’t even know – don’t let them bother you anymore!
It allows to capture by prefix or unknown / hidden number as well as all the incoming ones. You can manage your unwanted contacts with a single click.
This app to restrict Android calls is one of the most complete in the field of call and message blocking. It is free and ad-free.
With a single touch of your finger you can avoid being called, SMS or MMS, and no one else can bother you. It is very effective and you will be able to manage your locks in a totally private way, since the app allows you to protect it with a password.
Call Blocker Free is one of the best ways to send numbers directly to voicemail or hang up. It allows you to create a black list of unwanted numbers, as well as a white list of desired numbers.
It also takes up very little on the phone and is compatible with Android versions 1.6 to 4.0 and above.
How to block a number in Android (without Apps)
In the case of those users who have a device with Android 6.0 or later, the apps mentioned in the previous section will not work. However, this does not necessarily imply that the new Android can not prevent recurring calls, but that the operating system itself will allow us to block them in a very simple and fast, usually from the record of calls.
However, the procedure can vary ostensibly depending on the manufacturer of the SmartPhone. These are the steps to follow in each of the best-selling brands on the market:
- Access the Android Phone application.
- Once inside, click on the icon of the three dots located in the upper right part of the screen.
- This will open a drop-down menu with different options. Select Settings.
- When you open the call settings, an option called Block Numbers should appear. Press to proceed.
- You must then enter the number to be blocked. Copy it all the time without spaces. If the number is one of your contacts, click on the icon to the right of the box.
- If you wish, you can also restrict calls with a hidden number by activating the Block unknown callers option.
- And we’ve got it! From now on, the added numbers will no longer be able to make calls to you.
- Go to Phone and inside the Calls tab click on the icon of the three dots located to the right of the call button.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select Harassment Filter.
- Next, a window called Block List will open where you will see a settings button, which is located at the top right of the screen. Click it to continue.
- Once inside the settings, you will see a black list of numbers. To block a number, press the + button at the bottom of the screen.You can enter the number, add it from contacts or from the call or message log itself.
- All set. From now on, all added numbers will no longer be able to call you.
On Google Nexus and Pixel mobiles
- From the Phone application, tap the three-point menu at the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Now click Call Block, then click Add Number. You can either type it in or copy it directly.
- Confirm and you’ll have the number blocked – it’s that simple!
- To start the process of blocking calls you must enter the Security application of your mobile Xiaomi.
- When you enter, scroll down to find the Block List section. Press to access it.
- Once inside, go to the blocking list options and tap Modify.
- Finally, all you have to do is enter the number you want to block and accept.
- If you have any more questions about How to block calls in android you can check this article