Today we bring you a very precise guide to have the latest update of the official Google app on our smartphone, yes, yes, the famous Play Store. And is that Google Play Store is itself an app where look for millions of apps and as such, requires updates to work properly, in many cases, we think that to come installed as standard on Android phones, do not need them, but the fact is that yes.
The largest app store, designed for phones with Android systems, is part of those apps that make up the basic and essential services that our devices are included, because if it, we would have more complicated to download hundreds and hundreds of mobile applications that we love so much.
An interesting fact that you can tell your friends to give them a “real geek”, is that the applications that come pre-installed from the factory on phones and tablets, are called Bloatware, either designed by the manufacturer of the device itself or manufactured by third parties, such as Google Apps, which include YouTube, Gmail, Maps, Google Plus, Hangouts, Google Play Books or the Google Play Store itself.
How to update Play Store manually and for free?
Data apart, to give you an answer to the question that has made you arrive here of: “How to update the Google Play Store app?”, tell you that it is much more important to have the latest update of what you may think a priori, because when this happens, our phone is much safer and offers us more elements and features than those who do not have their apps properly updated.
We can find ourselves in 4 possible circumstances, in which we need to install and update it manually:
- The phone manufacturer has not installed it by default on the mobile (this only happens in very specific cases).
- In certain cases, there is a so-called synchronization failure with our Gmail account associated with Google Play Store.
- That the automatic system of updates takes longer than desired.
- And finally, that we want to anticipate the new scheduled updates and be the first to enjoy the new features.
Update Google Store manually with APK
We follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources/Unknown Origins and activate this option.
- We proceed to download the Play Store APK file from the links provided above; they are 100% secure.
- If we do this process from the computer, just connect the phone through the USB cable to the PC, open the folder where all the apps of our mobile and copy the APK file directly there.
- If we click twice on the APK file, it will automatically start the installation of the Google Play update that we have previously downloaded.
- After finishing this process, don’t forget to deactivate again the permissions of installation of apps of unknown origin, that is to say, we do the same thing that in step 1 but the other way around.
Complete… Enjoy the new version!
Update Play Store from within the same app
An alternative, and lesser known, method of forcing the update manually and without the need for APK is as follows:
- Open the Google Play Store app and go to “Settings”, which is located at the bottom just by clicking on the drop-down menu at the top left.
- Scroll down and press where it says “Play Store Version”, if there is a new update we can install it, if you tell us with the following message that “Google Play Store is updated”, we will have to try the previous method.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about the Google Play Store
Questions and answers about problems, bugs or errors we may have when using the Android app store. Troubleshooting and typical questions we all ask ourselves.
What is the Google Play Store for?
Without a doubt, this is the largest app store with the most applications for Android mobile devices we can find. With it, we will be able to look for infinity of new applications of all type, besides games, movies, books, music or the option of kiosk. All of them are categorized by the most popular, families or categories.
The vast majority are free, but some are paid, although their prices are very affordable and will give us more features and functionality. The great advantage of Play Store is that all the apps and other files you can download on your smartphone are totally safe, as they have gone through a series of filters to corroborate their security for the end user.
How do I know which version of the Google Play Store I have installed on my phone?
- Go to “Settings” within the application Play Store, for this you will have to display the menu at the top left of your screen with this symbol, and when the side menu is displayed, scroll down to the bottom.
- Once inside “Settings”, we go to the bottom where it reads “Play Store Version”, there is where we can know the version we have installed and thus know if we have it updated or not.
How can I activate my Google Play account on my phone or tablet?
If your mobile device works with Android system, follow these steps:
- If you don’t have a Google Account, you can create one here.
- Let’s go to “Settings” of our smartphone or tablet.
- Go to Accounts > My Accounts > Add Account.
- We sign in where the Google logo appears and follow the instructions that tell us, is very simple and intuitive.
- To be able to activate multiple accounts, you only have to repeat the steps as many times as you want to add accounts.
How can I uninstall the Play Store app from my smartphone?
The Google Store, being in most cases a native application and pre-installed on smartphones, the way to uninstall it is not done in the same way as an app installed by ourselves, in fact, we can only disable it, to do so follow these simple steps:
- Let’s go to Settings > More > Application Manager.
- Once inside, look for Google Play Store and access.
- Several options will appear, the one we are interested in is “Disable”.
- It will show the following message: “Delete all data and disable the application”, if we agree to “Accept” and is ready.
Sometimes, due to update errors or simply because we don’t use this app, we will be interested in uninstalling and disabling it.
How do I unblock the Play Store Content Control PIN?
This problem occurs when we have blocked through a PIN or secret number some content available in Play Store and for some reason we have forgotten the PIN or gives us an error when entering it. The solution is simple, just enter Google Play, display the menu, enter “Settings”, and look for “User controls” and “Parental control”, when you enter we can activate or deactivate through a tab this option.
Are there alternatives to the Google Play Store to download applications?
Of course, in fact for some users there are other better options to download and install the apps. Google Play is undoubtedly the most famous and used, as in most mobile devices Android is installed as standard, but not the only one. We review other market applications that we can use:
- Amazon Appstore.
- APK Mirror.
What does it mean that Play Store receives silent updates?
Yes, they are silent because most of the time developers include a new update to download from Google Play and we don’t even know about it, that is, it installs automatically; that’s why they go unnoticed and we believe that the Android app store is not updated.