With the arrival of the Windows 10 operating system to the market, Microsoft has remodeled its creations providing a more efficient solution for all its users. It has introduced a series of applications designed to run on all the brand’s devices, including tablets, smartphones, personal computers, Xbox One … But can all users upgrade to Windows 10? The following paragraphs will try to answer that question.
Talking a little about the changes with respect to Windows 8, the user interface has been modified so that it goes from being oriented to the use of the mouse to be able to use the touch screen. New functionalities have been added such as the “Task View”, the “Virtual Desktop”, new applications, support for logging in using a fingerprint or facial recognition with the “Windows Hello” application.
Users are, in general, very happy, since it has been possible to discern between the types of devices and some of the full screen options of Windows 8, now only affect mobile devices and tablets.
“Microsoft Store” appears, which selects the most appropriate tool for the type of device on which you are going to install the application, an option that stands out for its high customization towards the user. The criticisms of Windows 10 to date have been few and a large percentage of them are oriented to the system of updates. This is due to the fact that the system is automatically updated by classifying the different updates by degrees.
Update to Windows 10 from Windows 7
In this way, it does not allow the user to select at which moment he wants to carry out this type of operations. In 2015, Microsoft released an update that caused registry problems, and many users had to go to technical support to fix the problem. Only in the “Pro” and “Enterprise” versions can the user decide to postpone the updates released by Microsoft.
There is also a complaint about the advertising that appears in some basic folders of the operating system. To all this and more we are going to give solution, you only have to continue reading…
If you are one of the users of Windows 7 in original version, you should know that Microsoft has developed a good market strategy, giving the user the possibility to access Windows 10 for free. Although this promotion has expired, we are going to give you a few steps to upgrade to this version at no cost and completely legally.
We are going to follow the following steps:
- You must download Windows 10 from the download links provided, they are 100% secure.
- Click on the button “Download the tool now”. This step will make you download the file MediaCreationTool.exe.
- Now, double-click the file to run it. It will ask you to accept the license.
- Then Windows asks you: “What do you want to do?”; you have to choose the option “Update this computer now”.
- Click on the “Next” button. You will see the update start downloading. On that screen you will see the percentage of the update that remains to be downloaded.
- Once you have downloaded the necessary content, the application will guide you through different screens where you will indicate the files you want to keep and other data about the operating system.
- You will arrive to a final window where it will warn you that the installation is going to start. To finish, click on the “Install” button.
- When this is finished, you will already be the owner of a Windows 10 license for your computer and, moreover, in its latest version completely updated.
Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1
If you are a Windows 8.1 user, you should know that Microsoft has enabled an option so that you can upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 without having to spend a single cent. Before following the steps below, you should review some data.
- Your operating system should have the latest updates for Windows 8.1.
- Make a backup copy of your data and system files, as well as keep any key or software license safe.
- Check that the system drivers and BIOS are in the latest version available.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet connection.
- Try to have the applications in their latest version.
Now that you have your system ready, you can follow the steps below to upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 for free:
- Open the “Control Panel” and go to the “Windows Update” section.
- Click on “Check for updates”.
- The message “Upgrade to Windows 10” will appear.
- Click the “Start” button.
- The files will start downloading, and after that, you will see a message asking you to accept the license agreement.
- Select “Start the update now” or “Schedule for later”. The second option allows you to set the time or schedule it at the time of the update.
- After this process is completed, the system will be restarted and the update will begin.
- Once this point is finished, go to “Settings”, look for the option “Update and security” and click on “Windows Update”. This is where you need to install and update all drivers.
- Note: It is possible that during the update your device will restart several times, do not worry is completely normal, be patient.
Upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update with the new update wizard
On April 11, 2017 appeared the new update for the Windows 10 operating system, although it had been launched long before so that all users who were willing to try it could do so prior to its official release. On the official Microsoft website there are ISO images in Spanish for downloading Windows 10 Creators Update or you can also get it by clicking on the links below. Any user who has this operating system can download and use them.
In order to make this update securely we have to follow the steps below:
- First of all, you have to download the update wizard from the website indicated above or from the link we offer you, it is 100% reliable. As soon as we have the download file, we must run it.
- A window will open indicating the version in which our operating system is and the version to which we are going to update. In this case, we are interested in installing version 15063 or later.
- On the screen appears a new information box where you must click on the button “Update now”.
- The wizard will make a recognition test to check if our system is compatible with this new version. If there is no problem, we will see a window that confirms it; our equipment is compatible.
- Now, click on the “Next” option. The download of the update file will start. This process will take a while to complete. Don’t despair.
- Once downloaded, the installation of the update will start automatically. We continue to wait.
- On the screen we can see the updated percentage and different messages related to it.
- When it finishes (we will see the complete percentage at 100 %), we click again on the “Next” button.
- The assistant will show us a screen that indicates that the update is ready.
- It will ask us to restart the computer and gives us a period of half an hour to do it. If we don’t do it automatically, he will do it himself to finish installing Windows 10 Creator Update. The recommendation is that to finish the process click on the button “Restart now”. If we don’t do it this way, it could be that we forget and the restart will cut us some work that we are doing.
The wizard takes some time to perform the installation, since it is not exactly light. During that period of time we will not be able to work with the equipment. On the other hand, it is also necessary to indicate that the computer is going to restart several times throughout the process. This is not an error; it is part of the process.
Now, we must complete the new Windows 10 Creators Update configuration wizard. This is very simple, since the wizard will ask you questions about the time, language and some parameters that you must indicate. You must select what is most appropriate to your case and click on the “Next” button.
Also, you can move between the options that you want to fill, clicking on each one of the sections that are in the left part of the screen, as a menu. When you have filled in everything, click on “Finish” to finish the process. From now on, you are updated to the new version and you can start using your Windows 10 Creators.
Do you know the latest Windows 10 update? Fall Creators Update on PC
This latest Microsoft update shows that it does not stop evolving for many years to come. Hence, productivity has been greatly improved with experiences and connections close to the needs of each user and device. This update can be done automatically or with an update wizard.
Its installation is very simple, since you only have to access the Microsoft website or even easier, follow the download and installation links that we provide, they are completely safe and free of malware and spam. With them you will be able to access the new version of Windows with all its new functionalities in terms of security, features or design. In addition, from here, you will be able to check which version of Windows 10 you have at the moment.
Download and install Windows 10 for free (ISO)
Although Microsoft’s operating system comes pre-installed on many devices, you may need to have a Windows installation disk (ISO), with which to reinstall or recover your system. If you want to know more about this, read on.
In Windows 10 this process is very simple, we follow the steps to do it correctly:
- First, you must access the Microsoft download site. You can do it from the links provided.
- Then click on “Download the tool now”. In this option the Windows Media Creator will appear and you must select the option “Create an installation media for another computer”.
- Click on the “Next” button. Uncheck the box “Use the recommended options for this computer”.
- Now choose the language, the version of Windows and the architecture of the computer (32 bits or 64 bits), and click again on the “Next” button.
- Now mark the option “ISO file”, and click again on the “Next” button.
- Choose the location where you are going to save this file, remember the download folder as you will need it.
- From this moment on, the necessary files will be downloaded.
- Once they are all downloaded, the ISO image will be created in the location previously indicated. It can be run and installed when you need it. Everything is ready.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about upgrading to Windows 10
Below you can find some questions, doubts or problems you may have if you need to upgrade Windows 10 to the newest version on your computer or PC.
How do I get Microsoft Windows 10?
The operating system Windows 10 in its most modern version, is now available in the full version for PC as for other devices. Also, you can get it if you have an official license of Windows 7 or 8 in the previous steps that we have given you.
Is the free upgrade offer still valid?
This offer was officially active until July 29, 2016, although following the steps in point 1 and 2 can still be achieved.
Can I still benefit from the free offer by downloading it from a USB stick, even if I haven’t used it yet?
Not in principle, although in some computers it has been achieved.
Is the media creation tool still available to download Windows 10?
It is highly recommended to try it. It may be that you are doing it for the first time and nobody has a physical support with the same serial you have; in this case you can get it. Also, it could be the case that if you have already installed Windows 10 on your computer, you already have a digital key and do not need to activate another one.
Will Windows 10 work with assistive technologies on my device?
This offer was active until December 31, 2017. However, Microsoft does not indicate that it is impossible, but that they do not commit; it is a matter of testing.
How long will it take to update my device?
The total time it takes to upgrade depends on the power of the computer and the way it is configured. In most cases, it takes a maximum of one hour to do so, although there may always be some device that changes the rule.
How to free up space for an update?
If you don’t have enough space on your hard drive, you should remove files or applications that you no longer use. Also, you can use the “Windows Disk Cleanup”. During the upgrade, you may also be asked to uninstall applications that may cause compatibility problems in the upgrade or when using Windows 10.
Can I change the language when I upgrade?
It’s best to upgrade to your language and then add a new language:
This is done from: Language → Settings → Time and Language → Region and Language → Add a language.
Can I go back to my old operating system? (the one you had before the update)
You can do this from the “Settings” menu; either from the “Update and Security” option, or from external options provided by the device manufacturer.