After several months of waiting, with the alert about the appearance of the final version of the new operating system for Apple devices, finally the time has come to download it for all computers. That’s why we’ve been in a hurry and want to tell you today in this article about how Apple’s macOS computer software is being upgraded to its latest, most powerful and renewed version.
In the case of this operating system, because it is so new, the updates are being made gradually in each model. This one, brings a very powerful novelty that is going to be the main course for all the users of the well-known brand.
The arrival of the Siri application for Mac. We doubt that you do not know, but, if it is the case, it is a virtual assistant that can perform a lot of actions on it and that has been included for years in iPhones phones.
This version also includes the Apple Pay application for Safari, among many other new features. With respect to other recently added features, it can be said that at this time, in the new version we have a clipboard shared with other devices that we have the same brand.
Steps to update the operating system of my Mac computer
Such is its importance (announced as final by the creators themselves, remember), that you can not forget to do this update of your Mac operating system, because it could incur risks and problems related to the security of it.
In addition, if you do it in the estimated time, you will have a computer with the highest conditions of performance and security of the system, something to be thankful if you have done with the one that is considered, the best equipment of the world by many. Let’s see the steps to follow to make the new update quickly and securely.
Don’t forget the following notes before you start updating your Mac operating system to avoid last-minute surprises and make the update much more efficient and fast.
- Make sure your Mac is compatible with the version of the operating system you’re installing.
- Back up your files and data beforehand.
- Check your Internet connection to make sure it won’t cause you any problems during the upgrade.
- If you have a MacBook, it’s best to have it plugged into a power outlet so your battery won’t play tricks on you, but it shouldn’t be.
- Finally, make sure you have enough disk space.
The steps for upgrading are very simple:
- Search and access the official App Store on your Mac device.
- Click the “Check for Updates” button.
- There, you will see if you have new versions of the system, among other apps. If this is the case, click on the “Update” button.
- The download and installation process will proceed automatically, and you will begin to enjoy the newest version of the operating system so far.
Download and install macOS High Sierra for free
The reasons to update this system are many and varied, but once you are clear that you want to upgrade to its most modern version for free, we recommend that you do so by following the steps that we will tell you below:
- First, make a backup of your data and the applications you have in it.
- Now, do a compatibility check, although I can guarantee that this update can run on all computers that have been released after September 2009.
- The system will ask you to free up space, if necessary, and will also propose actions to do it yourself, it’s a very simple process.
- Now is the time to access the Mac App Store.
- You must enter the macOS High Sierra page from here.
- Click the download button and follow the simple on-screen instructions that usually go through asking for permissions to ensure you want to continue with the installation process. It is also possible that at some point, to confirm the update, you will be asked for information about your username and password.
- If you have OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later, this process is done in the background and automatically; the system will notify you when the download is complete and you will need to click “Install” to begin the entire update process.
- Depending on the version you are in, the time needed to upgrade your macOS version will vary and your computer will restart several times, this being a completely normal process.
- Note: The devices that will become macOS High Sierra are MacBook (from the end of 2009), iMac (also from the end of 2009 onwards), MacBook Air (from 2010 onwards), MacBook Pro (from 2010 onwards), Mac Mini (after 2010) and Mac Pro (idem).
What’s new in the new versions of mac OS: mac OS High Sierra?
The main changes that have been made to this version of mac OS Sierra are as follows:
- The computer can be unlocked using Apple Watch (smartwatch).
- The “Picture in Picture” option appears in the computers, so that while a video is playing, the video can be separated to another independent window easily relocated.
- The most special feature is the inclusion of Siri in the desktop computers in order to help the user from the web browser.
- It includes the storage optimization function, which can help you improve the consumption of resources and space you have on your Mac.
- Apple Pay service is included to accept payments on the Web.
- iTunes changes its interface and acquires some very interesting new features.
Compatibilities needed to use macOS Sierra on your Apple device
We will end by remembering that the update can be installed on other models. However, the functionalities will be cut by the simple fact that the specifications of the devices are not sufficient and, therefore, in spite of installing the improvements of Sierra, you will not be able to use them, only those compatible with your Mac.
In order to use this version of Apple’s operating system, you’ll need at least 2 GB of RAM and 8.8 GB of free storage space on your computer.